Earlier this week we announced Oceans Apart, a compilation record featuring the best of Melbourne’s current live artists who are defining dance music and club culture in our home city. And now you have an opportunity to see a showcase selection of the artists from the compilation performing live at our Oceans Apart event at Melbourne Music Week 2014.
In celebration of the compilation release, a Cut Copy DJ set will be joined by performances by featured Oceans Apart artists. For those that aren’t yet familiar, here’s a few words description of each:
- Andras & Oscar (Andras Fox and Oscar Key Sung) make warm house, as ultralight synths coast by heart-full melodies and carry you someplace free.
- Producer Roland Tings’ (Rohan Newman) energising beats shower dancefloors with pure bliss.
- NO ZU’s percussive-dance-funk jams steamroll into a dance extravaganza.
- World’s End Press draw on a battalion of influences – disco, krautrock, house, punk, techno and Jamaican lovers rock – for their dance/pop anthems.
- Sleep D (Maryos Syawish and Corey Kikos) produce deep, heavy house forming sonic soundscapes that make dancefloors sweat.
- Speed Painters is slo-mo disco from the musical brain and soul of Tig Huggins in collaboration with brother Nick, Jon Tjhia (ii) and horn player Oscar O’Bryan.
- Nile Delta (Joel Dickson) is a famed house producer, remix master and dancefloor phenomenon.
OCEANS APART – COMPILATION LAUNCH
CUT COPY (DJ set)
ANDRAS & OSCAR
WORLDS END PRESS (electronic set)
- Saturday 15 November 2014, 4:00pm—Sunday 16 November 2014, 1:00am
- Melbourne Music Week at Queen Victoria Market, Corner of Victoria St and Elizabeth St (Entrance from Peel St), Melbourne
Look forward to seeing you there!